- Before production, oversee checkout and make sure everything is loaded on the truck properly. You’re responsible for its safekeeping.
- Pickup truck from the Film School during production. The Key Grip is the driver. Make sure you get to set before call time, because nothing can happen until the truck arrives.
- Unload all equipment from the aisle and get the dolly ready.
- Attend the New Deal. Find out what is needed for the setup.
- If it doesn’t involve electricity or the camera then you’re in charge of it. C-Stands, flags, sandbags, apple boxes, dolly, dolly track, etc.
- Hang by the truck to get equipment as needed. Or craft services.
- Wrap equipment when it’s finished.
- Pack up the truck.
- Drive back to the Film School.
Thesis films are over. And as far as film school films go, we've shot our last frame. Hopefully these won't be the last films we make. The realization that this was the end hit me when I was walking to the final location on my set. Perhaps that's why things dragged on...